Harrison & Kennedy Kwila Timber Outdoor Dining Setting
Who can resist a solid timber table and chairs? Not me!
Kwila timber will stand the test of time in any weather - it is perfect for those backyards that have little to no cover. With a bit of yearly maintenance, your timber dining setting can look as good as new all year round!
Did you know?
Kwila, or merbau, is a very dense timber that is well suited for outdoors. Kwila has been used for 100's of years for furniture, decks, stairs, jetties & house beams just to name a few things.
Kwila is amazing for furniture as it:
- does not rot
- is resistant to insects and termites
- can be left unoiled for a long period of time
- is very strong
- traditional & solid kwila with modern, contemporary lines
- gorgeous border edged, slatted timber table top
- post legs to allow the chairs to push under the table
- high back, contoured timber dining chairs
- modern square lines on the armrests
- timeless details
Care & Maintenance
Kwila has a natural tannon that will leach out over time with exposure to moisture.
We recommend to wash the timber with a process called 'bleeding' before use. This bleeding process removes the tannon from the timber so that it will not leach out onto your flooring. We offer this service - ask us for details.
Once 'bled', it is ready to be oiled! A good furniture oil is necessary - we carry a few oils in store.
If you don't want to 'bleed' the timber, you can always spray the timber with a timber sealer.
Harrison Table L220 W100 H74
Kennedy Chair W59 D70 H101