Easter Weekend is a time to make memorable moments with family and friends, not to stress over what to cook.
- When food becomes too complicated, when you overthink a simple meal to try and make it Insta-perfect, it is time to step back and make simple, delicious recipes.
- As a small family business ourselves, supporting our local community and the small businesses around us is one of our main priorities. We have joined up with 3 wonderful, local businesses to create this Easter Feasting post for you today.
Get this in your belly! Delicious brunch recipe from Cups & Wells in Salisbury.
- Brunch is a meal that is usually served between 10am-2pm and is a combination of breakfast and lunch.
- It can be as simple or extravagant as you wish, my tip is to keep it simple.
- Cups & Wells are a local café on the corner of Lillian Ave & Cripps St in Salisbury. They have a lovely outside decking area and seating inside. There are also toilets on site.
- David from Cups & Wells has provided his recipe for the delicious Chicken Karaage Burger from their range of available meals.
- You can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/cupsandwells/ or find them on Instagram
Mmmmmm Dessert!!! I live for dessert! This amazing dessert recipe is from Hedge Espresso in Salisbury.
- Dessert over the Easter weekend seems to be an “any time of the day” meal. With hot cross buns for breakfast or morning tea, and Easter eggs after the kids have finished the egg hunt!
- I love dessert – dessert is my favourite meal – I like simple desserts, complex desserts – any desserts. Anyone else the same?
- Hedge Espresso has provided our dessert recipe, this is a recipe that they create in their gorgeous homely café. Their café is on the corner of Lillian Avenue and Kellett Rd and has inside and outside seating areas. There is a toy box, chalk and chalkboard for the kids, and highchairs are available. There are beautiful couches in the bottom section and a heater for winter dining. There is also onsite toilets.
- Grant from Hedge has provided his recipe for the scrumptious Smashed Pavlova – topped with lemon curd, ice cream, berries & cream all for $8!
- You can check them out here: http://www.hedgeespresso.com.au/ or find them on Facebook or Instagram
Grazing Platters are a unique way to serve food over this relaxed weekend.
- A grazing table is a feast for the eyes.
- Forget individual appetisers, and assemble an interactive spread that brings people together.
- Lauren started her business in 2018 and loves what she does. Basically, she sets up and styles parties according to customers themes, provide the grazing table and she has just started doing balloon garlands. Spotlight on Style can take away all the hassle out of hosting an event, with full set up and pack down included.
- Check out her Facebook page for all her work. https://facebook.com/Spotlight-on-Style-281528009267171
- Below, Spotlight on Style shares their top 5 tips to help you create an unforgettable platter.
Happy Easter from all of us at Lume Outdoor Living
- If you try any of these ideas, let me know in the comments
- Go and visit the local cafes and let me know in the comments what food you had there
- Tell me what your favourite Easter weekend recipe is in the comments